Dairy Free | Dinner Recipes | Fall | Gluten Free Recipes | Recipes | Soup | Turkey Recipes
Crockpot Pumpkin Chili Recipe
The perfect fall crockpot recipe! Check out this simple and flavorful Crockpot Pumpkin Chili Recipe to warm you up on a cool autumn day!
Pumpkin season is running at us full speed. Soon pumpkin everything will be everywhere. It will be totally unavoidable. But instead of sweets today we are thinking savory. This Crockpot Pumpkin Chili is a great twist on a classic that is full of flavor.
Dare I say, it is a healthier version of the original because not only are you using vitamin-packed pumpkin, but ground turkey instead of ground beef. The flavor that this chili has is incredible. It is perfect for a nice crisp fall day.
Crockpot Pumpkin Chili
The perfect fall crockpot recipe! Check out this simple and flavorful Crockpot Pumpkin Chili Recipe to warm you up on a cool day!Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes canned
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree canned
- 15 oz. chili beans canned
- 15 oz. black beans canned or home cooked
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion. Continue to cook until ground turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, and then drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer cooked turkey and onions to a slow cooker and stir in all remaining ingredients. Set crock pot to the low heat setting. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
Do you drain and/or rinse the cans of beans? Do you drain the tomatoes?
I didn’t take a picture but this recipe won first place at the chili cook off tonight with my church group, Cuisine for the Spirit. There were seven entries and this chili was number one by a long shot.
I made this recipe for a chili cook off at church. It won first place! Definitely a keeper. I especially like how there isn’t a long list of ingredients and the list was made of common items. Delicious!