The perfect fall crockpot recipe! Check out this simple and flavorful Crockpot Pumpkin Chili Recipe to warm you up on a cool autumn day!
Pumpkin season is running at us full speed. Soon pumpkin everything will be everywhere. It will be totally unavoidable. But instead of sweets today we are thinking savory. This Crockpot Pumpkin Chili is a great twist on a classic that is full of flavor.
Dare I say, it is a healthier version of the original because not only are you using vitamin-packed pumpkin, but ground turkey instead of ground beef. The flavor that this chili has is incredible. It is perfect for a nice crisp fall day.
Crockpot Pumpkin Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (canned)
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree (canned)
- 15 oz. chili beans (canned)
- 15 oz. black beans (canned or home cooked)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion. Continue to cook until ground turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, and then drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer cooked turkey and onions to a slow cooker and stir in all remaining ingredients. Set crock pot to the low heat setting. Cover and cook for 3 hours.