This is the holy grail of crockpot dessert recipes. You have to try this amazing Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake Recipe!
This is one of the best Crockpot dessert recipes I have ever made. It’s nice to be able to bake a cake without the oven, but this Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake kicks it up to a whole new level.
You are going to need to gather your ingredients and get your crockpot ready. I used my large 6 qt crockpot, and it was perfect. Honestly, I don’t think this would work as good in a smaller crockpot.
In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
You can make this gluten free by using a gluten free cake mix. In fact, try this homemade yellow cake mix recipe. You can make it regular or gluten free & it works perfectly in this recipe.
Take 2/3 cup of your cake batter and put it in a separate bowl. Mix in the chocolate syrup and until batter is fudgy.
Now in your crockpot place 1/2 of your PB cake mix…then top with the chocolate cake mix.
Then top with the remaining peanut butter cake batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate and peanut butter batter together.
Place on lid and cook on high for 1 hour 45 mins to 2 hours 15 mins. It really will vary depending on your crockpot. Just make sure a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Your cake will also start to pull away from the walls of your crockpot.
When your cake is done turn off the crockpot and remove the crock. Set out to cool.
While the cake cools, make the Peanut Butter Glaze. Spread it over the top of the cake. Drizzle with more chocolate syrup and top with the chopped PB cups.
Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 20 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped and cut in half
- Spray a 5- to 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
- Remove 2/3 cup of the batter to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate syrup to make chocolate fudge batter.
- Spoon 1/2 of the peanut butter batter into the slow cooker, followed by all of the chocolate fudge batter. Top with remaining peanut butter batter. Swirl with a knife in a circular motion.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling rack. Let cool 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat 3 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 tablespoons milk with whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar; mix until smooth. If necessary, gradually add additional 1 tablespoon milk until glaze is desired consistency. Spread peanut butter glaze over cake; drizzle with the chocolate syrup. Sprinkle peanut butter cups over top of cake.
- Use a gluten free cake mix
- Use a dairy free milk alternative, and a dairy free pb cup candy or eliminate the candy. Also use vegetable oil instead of butter when mixing the cake.