Looking for a meal for meatless Monday, or just a yummy vegetarian option! Check out this simple and tasty Crockpot Enchilada Quinoa Recipe! It’s a winner!
I was going through all of the recipes here on Moms With Crockpots last weekend to put together the Month of Crockpot Dinners Menu Plan and realized we were lacking in the vegetarian department. This does not shock me. We eat meat at my house. Almost every night of the week. My kids are little T-rexes. 😉 That is why it surprised me when I made this Crockpot Enchilada Quinoa and everyone licked their plates clean and went off full as a tick.
This recipe is so simple. There is no meat involved. Really you could make it totally vegan if you don’t top it with cheese. Plus, it is a total pantry meal. I love knowing that if I forgot to get something out for dinner I can grab a few cans out of the pantry and still throw this together!
So into the crockpot went a can of drained and rinsed black beans, a can of drained corn, 2 cans of diced tomatoes (ro-tel would be perfect but I didn’t have any), and 1 cup of quinoa mixed with 1/2 cup water.
Stir all of that goodness together. Top with a can of enchilada sauce and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.
I am always in awe of how much the quinoa absorbs. My crockpot was full with just 1 cup and all of these ingredients!
Top with some shredded cheddar cheese or even a dairy-free cheddar cheese (Daiya is the best brand we have found) and serve. This is so filling! I personally ate the bowl pictured and I am STUFFED! This is the perfect tasty, filling dinner!
Crockpot Enchilada Quinoa
Yield 6 Servings
Looking for a meal for meatless monday, or just a yummy vegetarian option! Check out this simple and tasty Crockpot Enchilada Quinoa Recipe! It's a winner!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Corn, drained
- 2 - 15 oz Cans of diced tomatoes (Ro-Tel would be perfect)
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Enchilada Sauce
- Place black beans, corn, & tomatoes in a large 5-7 qt crockpot. In a bowl mix the water with the quinoa and add it to the crockpot. Stir everything in the crockpot together. Top with the enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.