This Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup Recipe was sponsored by College Inn®. All opinions are 100% my own.
I love pulling out my crockpot on those busy days when I just don’t have the time to pull dinner together. However, my crockpot is also perfect when I want to slow cook some great ingredients together to make a stupendous, flavorful dish like this Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup!
It all starts with the best ingredients I can find, which for this recipe means fresh sweet potatoes, celery, onions, and College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth. College Inn crafts a deeper, richer broth; because every detail matters. They carefully select the finest, all-natural chicken and farm-grown vegetables. Purposely blend the most flavorful herbs and spices and then finish with a long, slow simmer. The savory taste of College Inn broth is the detail that helps you make any dish and every meal delicious.
We all know every great soup begins with a great base. Layer in your favorite veggies, meats and grains with College Inn broths and stocks for a flavorful bowl the whole family will love. This time I chose to use College Inn® Garden Vegetable because I was trying to make a Vegan Crockpot Recipe that would knock anyone’s socks off!
Just peel and dice your sweet potatoes, dice your celery and onion, and add them to your crockpot. Finally add a full carton of College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth. Cover and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Remove the lid and use an immersion blender or carefully spoon the contents of your crockpot into your blender to puree. Return to your crockpot and add 1 can of coconut milk. The coconut milk adds a wonderful extra creaminess to your Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup. If you don’t want to use coconut milk, you can add a cup or a cup and a half of additional College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth to get the soup to the perfect consistency.
This is the perfect addition to your holiday meal, or just if you are looking for a creamy tasty bowl of soup to warm you up at the end of the day. You can’t beat this simple Crockpot Sweet Potato soup that is full of complex flavors that came right out of your crockpot! If you decide to try out this soup recipe, show off the results using #CollegeInnBroth in social!
Crockpot Sweet Potato SoupPrint Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 4 Cups or 32 oz College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk 0r additional College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place sweet potatoes, celery, onion, nutmeg and College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth in crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked and the potatoes are tender puree your soup using an immersion blender or carefully spoon the contents of your crockpot into your blender to puree. Return to the crockpot and stir in the coconut milk. If you don't like coconut milk you can use additional Vegetable Broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
College Inn®. Delicious is in the details.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn. The opinions and text are all mine.