Fall is so nice with the slight chill to the air, the scent of Cinnamon from the oven, leaves falling from the trees, and an over abundance of apples! I don’t want to waist any time in the house. It is nice to be outdoors playing with the kids and doing fall activities while the weather is nice!
The crockpot is my go to dinner appliance this week. It makes for such easy, no fuss dinners. With all the rush in everyone’s lives it’s nice to be able to come home and settle in for a homecooked meal without having to slave over the stove.
Today’s crockpot meal is perfect for Fall with pork, apples, and sweet potatoes. Throw in some biscuits and you will have a delicious, savory dinner in no time!
Pork & Apple Cider StewPrint Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless pork
- 2 cups sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 small cooking apples cored and cut into slices
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary crushed
- tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups apple cider
- Cut meat into 3/4" pieces and brown in skillet. Drain any fat and set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes, apples and onion in crockpot. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary,
- nutmeg, salt & pepper. Add meat. Pour apple cider over meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 hours or high heat setting for 3-1/2 - 4 hours.
- Serve with some hot biscuits! YUM
Cut meat into 3/4″ pieces and brown in skillet. Drain any fat and set aside.
Place sweet potatoes, apples and onion in crockpot. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, salt & pepper. I had a lot of the Steam N Mash Sweet Potatoes from the sale a couple weeks ago. I just used those since they are already diced.
Add meat. Pour apple cider over meat.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 hours or high heat setting for 3-1/2 – 4 hours.
Serve with some hot biscuits! YUM!