This is one of my favorite crock pot desserts!! You can’t go wrong with this Crock Pot Apple Brown Betty with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Great for a weeknight or a dinner party!
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, combine butter and bread crumbs.
- In prepared slow cooker, layer one third of bread crumb mixture, then one half of apple mixture. Repeat layers of bread
- crumbs and fruit, then finish with a final layer of bread crumbs on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours until bubbly and brown.Gluten Free
- Use gluten free bread crumbs & flour
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.