Crockpot Lemon Pesto Chicken
I am always looking for a new crockpot recipe. Chicken is one of the healthiest meats out there. I love that you can throw it in the crockpot still frozen also. That really cuts down on my prep time, and let’s face it. I always forget to pull it out of the freezer to defrost it. This recipe is very fresh and can be served over pasta, rice, or even with mashed potatoes. If you prefer the freshest ingredients you can even make this Homemade Pesto instead of using store bought. This recipe tastes FABULOUS!
Crockpot Lemon Pesto ChickenPrint Recipe
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar Pesto Sauce or Homemade Pesto
- 1 Whole lemon
- Pasta/Rice/or Potatoes for serving
- Place the Chicken Breasts in the Crockpot
- Cover all of the chicken with the pesto sauce.
- Cut the Whole lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Throw the lemon into the crockpot as well. It will add to the flavor of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Servings: 4 -6
This is such an easy, healthy meal! My family loved the flavor as well. I made this with pasta and after draining the cooked pasta I tossed it with the juices from the crockpot and seasoned with salt and pepper. It was great! I served this dish with a green salad to complete the meal.