One of the easiest slow cooker dinners around and it is INCREDIBLE! This really is the best crock pot pulled chicken recipe you are going to find!
When it comes to slow cooker dinners this is one of the easiest there is to make. The end result is some of the most tender, juicy, flavorful, pulled chicken you will ever eat. Put it on a sandwich, in a wrap, or just eat it by itself. This Crock Pot Pulled Chicken is the BEST around!
What size slow cooker for Crock Pot Pulled Chicken?
Before you start make sure you have the right size slow cooker for the job. As this recipe is written it calls for about 2 lbs or 3-4 large chicken breasts. I recommend at least a 5 quart slow cooker for that.
If you are going to half the recipe you can use a smaller 3 or 4 quart crockpot and it will turn out perfectly.
Tips for Crockpot Pulled Chicken
When a recipe is this easy, there aren’t a ton of tips, but there are a handful that make this dish come out even more flavorful!
- Cook on low. While you can cook the chicken on high the low setting allows this chicken to really soak in the flavors and break down the chicken fibers. This makes for a more tender. Crock Pot Pulled Chicken.
- Use a hand mixer to shred. Use a hand mixer on the lowest speed to shred your chicken in seconds. This is a huge time saver!
- Add extra sauce after cooking. If desired add extra sauce after the chicken is shredded and stir it into the crockpot.
What to serve with Crockpot Pulled Chicken
Obviously this is BBQ Pulled Chicken is great on a sandwich. You could also serve it on a baked sweet potato ( you can do those in the crockpot too!)
- Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
- Yummy with coleslaw made with this Homemade Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
- The Best Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
As always a good BBQ sandwich is great with fries and corn on the cob.
Freeze & Reheat Pulled Chicken
This recipe is easily doubled or if you are serving a smaller family you will have leftovers. That is ok! This chicken can be frozen and reheated for an even faster dinner another time.
Just store the cooled pulled chicken in an airtight container and freeze up to 4 months. When ready to enjoy thaw and heat in a skillet with some additional BBQ sauce for a quick and easy meal!
How to Make Crock Pot Pulled Chicken
Making Crockpot Pulled Chicken is a breeze!
- Gather your chicken, root beer, seasoning and BBQ sauce (See recipe below)
- Place chicken in the crockpot and top with seasonings root beer and sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 -7 hours.
- Take a hand mixer or forks and shred your chicken in the crockpot.
That is it! Serve on your favorite bun, baked potato, wrap, salad…anyway you want.
Crock Pot Pulled Chicken
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Root Beer
- 1 tablespoons Seasoning Salt or Homemade Chicken Rub (see notes)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- In your crockpot place chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle them with seasoning salt. Poor in Root Beer and top with BBQ Sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Shred with forks or a hand mixer right in the crockpot.
- Serve on buns, wraps, salad, etc.