Simply divine! This easy to make Crockpot Banana Cake is the perfect quick dessert baked right in your slow cooker!
This Crockpot Banana Cake is delicious! It reminds me of a sweeter banana bread flavor with frosting. The thing is, it has the texture of the most perfect fluffy cake! Using a boxed cake mix, some bananas, and a handful of pecans you can throw together this amazing dessert for your loved ones.
You will need
- Yellow Cake Mix (& ingredients called for on the box)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- Slow Cooker ( I used a Casserole Crockpot)
Note: You can use any 4 quart or larger crockpot for this recipe. I chose the casserole crockpot because I feel like the size helps the cake bake more evenly and faster. If you don't have one, go for the largest crockpot you have on hand.
Begin by mixing up the cake batter just as described on your box mix. If you don't have a boxed mix, you can use this Homemade Yellow Cake Mix recipe from our sister site, A Few Shortcuts.
Once you have the batter stir in 3 mashed bananas (about 1 ⅓ cup) and the cinnamon. When it is mixed well add in the pecans. These are optional, but a delicious addition.
Pour the batter into your prepared slow cooker. I lined mine with parchment paper which makes for super easy cleanup too! You can simply spray yours with non-stick cooking spray if you would rather.
Place paper towel tightly under the lid when you cover. This helps absorb moisture created by the steam and keeps your cake from getting soggy. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
When your cake is baked allow it to cool for an hour or so before icing. If the cake is still warm the icing will melt.
This is the best homemade buttercream recipe or you can just use a can of your favorite store bought frosting.
Slice and enjoy!
This recipe is very easily adapted to be gluten free. Simply use a gluten free cake mix. Turns out just as amazing!
Store any uneaten cake in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. In the fridge for up to 5 days.
Crockpot Banana Cake
- Prepare your crockpot by lining it with parchment paper or spraying it with a non-stick spray.
- Prepare your cake mix according to the package instructions.
- Mix in the mashed banana and cinnamon to the prepared cake batter.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into prepared crockpot and spread evenly.
- Stretch paper towels under the lid when covering so they fit tightly. This will catch extra moisture to prevent a soggy cake.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Check your cake 30 minutes before the finishing time to evaluate its doneness. It may need slightly more or less time depending on the slow cooker. You want a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake to come out clean and for the cake to be firm.
- Once the cake is baked, unplug the slow cooker and remove the lid to allow the cake to cool. When it has cooled, ice the cake with your favorite frosting.
- Slice and enjoy!
- For a gluten free cake use a gluten free cake mix.