My crockpot is working over time in the side dish department now that it is grilling season. Today’s fresh find was Brussels Sprouts. These haven’t always been a favorite of mine, but when they are cooked right…and of course with bacon….they are awesome! Give these CrockPot Brussels Sprouts a try!
- 1 pound fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled
- pinch of pepper
- diced green onion (optional)
- dice pimentos (optional)
- Wash Brussels sprouts and remove woody or tough ends
- Cut in half lengthwise
- Place in crockpot
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6.
- Serve with some diced green onion & diced pimentos. (optional)
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.