Dessert in the crockpot is a lovely thing. There is no heating the kitchen, and dessert is warm and ready to go right after dinner. This Crockpot Pound Cake did not disappoint.
This is a simple pound cake that always turns out moist and delicious. I used my 4 quart crockpot for this recipe.
You are going to want to grease the crock VERY WELL before you pour the batter in. Once you pour the batter into the crock pot you are going to want to put a toothpick or spoon to crack the lid open a bit. This allows the steam to be released while the cake bakes. I did notice about half way through that the steam was still collecting on the lid. I took a couple paper towels and place them between the lid and the crock to catch any drips. It worked perfectly! Cook on high for about 3 1/2 -4 hours.
The cake is done when it begins to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the lid and allow the cake to cool.
Run a butter knife around the edges to help release the cake, and flip out onto a plate. Cut and serve.
Crockpot Pound CakePrint Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together butter & sugar until creamy. Stir in eggs & vanilla. Finally Mix in flour until smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased 4 quart crock pot. Prop the lid open a little with a toothpick or spoon. You may even want to place a couple paper towels between the lid and the crock to keep the moisture off of the top of the cake.
- Bake for 3 1/2 - 4 hours on high or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix instead of regular flourDairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine instead of butter.
My entire family loved this cake. It was so moist and tasty. Definitely a winner!