You can never have too many delicious chicken recipes. I am a huge fan of Italian food, especially Chicken Parmesan. So this Crockpot Chicken Parmesan recipe is near and dear to my heart. This is just as good as any you will get in an Italian Restaurant. Even more tender in my opinion because of the crockpot.
PS: If you are on a gluten free diet use crushed up Rice Chex instead of bread crumbs and gluten free pasta. It is just as good!
- 1 Large (25 oz + Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (or homemade))
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box spaghetti noodles
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in jar of spaghetti sauce.
- In one small bowl beat together the egg & milk. In a second bowl mix the bread crumbs & dried seasonings.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Once skillet is hot dip the chicken in the egg mix, then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place immediately into the hot skillet to brown the outside. We aren't cooking it through. Only browning. Continue this with each breast.
- After browning both sides place chicken in the crock pot on top of the sauce.
- Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. I personally prefer high because the chicken isn't too tender. It comes out just right.
- About 20 minutes prior to serving cook the spaghetti noodles according to the packaged directions.
- minutes before serving take off the lid and cover the chicken breasts with the shredded cheese. Place the lid back on and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve the chicken over spaghetti and with extra sauce if you prefer.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.