This post may contain affiliate links.
This is one of my favorite meals! Not only can I make it in the crock pot, but I can prep it ahead and put it in the freezer. Then when I am ready I can just dump it in the crock pot for dinner. No thawing needed! I LOVE THAT! I actually buy the ingredients for 3-4 meals worth and cut the sausage, onions, and peppers all at once. Put each meal into a Gallon freezer bag and label. That way it is finished! I feel accomplished that I have this Easy Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers ready to go whenever the mood strikes!
I serve mine on these Homemade French Bread Rolls, or store bought rolls work too 😉
Easy Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- 2 pounds sweet or mild Italian sausage cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 large yellow onions sliced
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add sausage. Cook just until brown on all sides, then add to crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.
- Serve on buns, with pasta, or alone.