We don't do dessert every night, so when we do it is a special treat! With it being Summer time in Florida it is hot and everyone loves a slice of key lime pie to cool down. Time to get out the crockpot and whip together these super simple Crockpot Key Lime Pie Bars!
I used gluten free graham cracker crumbs, but you can use regular. I also found these cans of Duncan Hines Comstock Key Lime Creme filling that are dairy free, taste amazing, and pretty much take all of the work out of this dessert! You can't beat it!
I spread my coconut out on a baking sheet and popped it in the oven to toast it for just a minute. You could do this in a small toaster oven too. Or you don't have to toast it at all. It is really up to you.
I used my 4 quart crockpot for this one. I lined it with parchment paper. Then in a bowl mixed the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. If you are going dairy free you can use vegetable oil as a substitute. Press that graham cracker crumb mix right into the bottom of the crockpot. I even pushed mine up the sides just a little.
Next you will spoon in the key lime filling. This is thick. So use a spoon and dollop it on all over your crust. Then top with the toasted (or un-toasted) coconut. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours. When it is done remove the lid, and using pot holders remove the crock from the crockpot to help it cool. Once the outside of the crock it cool place it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
When you are ready to serve, lift out the bars by just picking up the corners of the parchment paper. Slice and serve with a lime wedge if desired. YUM!
- 1 can Key Lime Pie Creme Filling
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- Lime (optional)
- Line a 4 quart crockpot with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press down into the crockpot to form a crust.
- Spoon the can of key lime pie creme filling over the crust. Top with toasted coconut.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and using pot holders, carefully remove the crock from the crockpot and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool place crock in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve lift the bars out of the crockpot by pulling up on the parchment paper. Slice and serve. Top with a lime slice if desiredGluten free
- Use gluten free graham cracker crumbsDairy Free
- Substitute vegetable oil for the butter and make sure the key lime filling is dairy free.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.