A super party dip or after school snack. Try this healthy Crock Pot White Bean Dip Recipe!
- 2 -15 ounce can great Northern or cannellini beans (white kidney beans, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup canned chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil (optional)
- Fresh marjoram leaves and rosemary (optional)
- Baked Pita Chips
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker combine great Northern beans, broth, the 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, the 1 teaspoon snipped marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon snipped rosemary, and the pepper.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Slightly mash bean mixture using a potato masher. Spoon bean mixture into a serving bowl. Drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with additional fresh marjoram and rosemary; serve either warm or at room temperature with Pita chips or crusty bread, if desired. Makes 20 (2-tablespoon) servings.