This post may contain affiliate links.
I am sick. I hate being sick, but one of the best things for a cold is chicken soup. This Crock Pot Chicken Broth is perfect for making your own soups, flavored your own rice, and tons of other dishes. Make a bunch and freeze the extras! You can throw together a chicken stock in no time with your crockpot! Check it out!
Slow Cooker Chicken StockPrint Pin Rate
- 1 large chicken 4-6 lbs cut into pieces
- 1 package celery 16 oz cut into large pieces
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut
- 2 onions or leeks quartered
- 3 large parsnips peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh herbs such as parsley dill, and thyme.
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and add enough water to fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Cook on low 12 hours or high 8 hours
- Strain out solids, cool and refrigerate 12 hours. Skim off and discard any fat