Let me just start by saying this Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake is a prime example that you just can’t make some things look good in a crock pot, but it sure does taste good!
This dump cake is easy to throw in the crock pot in the afternoon to have a nice hot dessert for after supper. It only takes a few ingredients and the entire family loved it. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have a winner.
You can even use this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix if you don’t want to use store bought.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- In a 4 qt crockpot dump cherry pie filling.
- Dump 1 can of cherry pie filling and spread out evenly.
- Top with dry cake mix.
- Then drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Serve warm with ice creamGluten Free
- Use a gluten free cake mixdairy free
- Use a dairy free cake mix and coconut oil instead of butter.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.