If you love stuffed cabbage rolls, you will love this Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe! A healthy, tasty dinner on a cool day!
Once the cooler weather hits soups are a great go to dinner. This Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup is a wonderful choice that is full of flavor and amazing with a slice of warm crusty bread! Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of soup on a cool day?
What Size Crockpot?
When I am making soups I like to use a bigger crockpot. Mostly because I am clumsy, and I just don’t want it to spill everywhere. A 5 or 6 Quart Crockpot works beautifully for this recipe.
Low Carb or Keto Option
This recipe calls for a cup of rice, but you can omit the rice or stir in cauliflower rice instead toward the end of cooking. Both are great options if you are eating Keto or low carb.
How to Make Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup
Gather all of your ingredients. This recipe is gluten free & dairy free too! Just make sure you Worcestershire Sauce is gluten-free.
Then add the beef and all of the other ingredients to your crockpot. Stir, cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours. You will come back to some amazingly delicious and hearty soup.
Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup
- 4 cups cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- 24 oz. tomato sauce
- 29 oz. diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- Add onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, ground beef and salt to a skillet on medium heat. Cook until the ground beef is browned.
- In a slow cooker, add cabbage, oregano, basil, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water and ground beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- In last half hour of cooking, cook the rice according to package directions. Add the cooked rice to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Originally posted in aug 2015. Updated October 2019.
More Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
- YUM! Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.