This simple slow cooker soup packs a punch of flavor! Try this delicious Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe! Great for game day or any day!
Crockpots are so versatile when it comes to making so many things! I love playing with classic flavors and turning them into something new and unexpected like this Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup recipe. The crockpot makes the best soup no matter what the recipe. That slow cook has time to really meld the ingredients together in a delicious symphony of flavors.
How to Make Crockpot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
Into your crockpot place 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken, seasonings, peppers, onions, and 3 cups of College Inn Chicken Broth. This broth is the key because every great soup begins with a great base. Layer in your favorite veggies, meats, and grains with College Inn broths and stocks for a flavorful bowl the whole family will love.
After 4 hours on high take the lid off and shred your chicken with a fork.
Mix in the cheese, cream cheese, and a little cream. Stir it and let it sit for about 5 minutes to give everything a chance to melt. Then give it one more stir.
Serve this delicious Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup with some additional cheese, diced jalapenos, and little-crumbled bacon If you want to get crazy, a dollop of sour cream.
What Size Crockpot?
I recommend a larger crockpot for soups and stews. It really helps prevent spillage and messes. For this recipe I would use a 5 qt Crockpot or larger. I have an older version of this Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker and I LOVE IT!
What to serve with Jalapeno Popper Soup?
First of all this soup is incredible on it's own. There is so much flavor in this one. Obviously you want to top it with extra sour cream, cheese, bacon, and some sliced jalapeños. It is amazing with tortilla chips or some warm crusty bread like thisHomemade French Bread Recipe. YUM!
Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Add chicken, onions, peppers, jalapeños, spices, and garlic into your 6 qt Crockpot and then cover with College Inn Chicken Broth.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred and then return chicken to the Crockpot
- Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, cheeses, and cooked bacon stirring until the cheeses melt.
- Serve with grated Monterrey Jack Cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and bacon sprinkled on top.
Originally Posted January 2018. Updated September 2019