Save your oven space and make this delicious Crockpot Cornbread Recipe right in your slow cooker. Comes out perfect every time!
I never have enough room in my oven. Typically when I am preparing dinner or a holiday meal something has occupied my oven and there isn’t room for anything else. On days like that I pull out my slow cooker and make this simple and delicious Crockpot Cornbread Recipe
You only need a few ingredients to make this a success. I pre-mix my dry ingredients so they are ready to go whenever the mood strikes.
Once all of your ingredients are stirred together to form a batter pour it into a parchment lined crockpot. I use my 6 qt crockpot for this job. The parchment paper not only makes clean up and serving a breeze, but it helps keep the bottom of your crockpot cornbread from burning.
One and a half or 2 hours on high is all it takes. You cooking time will vary depending on the type of crockpot you have. Some heat faster than others. Serve and enjoy your cornbread while it is warm!
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk or milk substitute
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- In a medium bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients.
- Stir in the milk, butter/oil, egg, and honey until a batter forms.
- Pour your cornbread batter into a parchment paper lined 5 qt or larger crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove from crock and serve warm.
- Can be made gluten free by using a gluten free flour mix and gluten free cornmeal
- Can be made dairy free by using vegetable oil and a dairy free milk such as almond or coconut.