This post may contain affiliate links.
This is new and oh so amazing! You have to try this crazy simple Crockpot Strawberry Shortcake Recipe! All of the warm strawberry over a light a fluffy cake made right in your slow cooker!
Strawberry season is going strong here in Florida! They are truly one of my favorite foods and I could enjoy them all year round. When you think of strawberries one of the first things that come to mind is strawberry shortcake. This unique recipe cooks the cake with the strawberries to make the best and simplest dessert around. Say hello to Crockpot Strawberry Shortcake!
I cooked this in my 4 qt crockpot. I lined it with parchment paper. When you are baking in your crockpot it always turns out so much better with parchment paper, and it makes getting it out and clean up a breeze! Trust me on this one.
Have you ever tried making this Crockpot Apple Dump Cake? OMG! It is another amazing slow cooker dessert you have to try!
In a large bowl mix up the cake mix according to the box and pour it into your crockpot. Now scoop in a can of strawberry pie filling and swirl it in. The magic of this is the strawberry will sink to the bottom. So when you serve it, scoop it and flip to have the warm, delicious strawberry goo over the top of your cake. Seriously, it is the best!
Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Start checking it around 2 – 2 1/2 hours because every crockpot is a little different. Just scoop, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh berry if you want, and enjoy!
Tip: You aren’t stuck with strawberry. Try this with different flavored pie fillings and see what kind of fun dessert concoctions you can come up with.
Watch and see just how easy it is
Crockpot Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 box white cake mix mixed according to package directions
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- whipped cream or cool whip
- fresh strawberry optional
- Mix together your cake mix in a large bowl according to your package directions.
- Pour cake batter into a parchment lined 4 quart or larger crockpot.
- Open your can of strawberry pie filling and scoop it over the cake mix, using a spoon to swirl it in.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, checking the cake at around 2 1/2 hours for doneness.
- Scoop the cake and flip it into the bowl for the strawberry to be on top. Top it with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry if desired.
- Use a dairy free cake mix and a dairy free whipped topping.
- Use a gluten free cake mix