A healthy, flavorful meal is just a few ingredients and a couple minutes away! Try this Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Recipe!
I am always willing to branch out and try something new. Something out of the ordinary. Quinoa is one of those ingredients that people love once they try, but not many people are familiar with it. It takes on the flavor of what it is cooked with and is so healthy for you. This Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Quinoa is my new favorite way to enjoy it!
Into your crockpot place quinoa, marinara sauce, diced mushrooms, peppers, onions, and chicken broth. Give it a quick stir.
I used my crockpot that is 6 quarts for this. I would recommend at least a 5 quart or larger crockpot for this recipe.
Right on top place boneless skinless chicken breasts. Because of the size, I just cut them in half to be more of a personal serving size. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
When the quinoa has absorbed the liquid and the chicken is cooked through, lift the lid and top with mozzarella cheese. Put the lid back on and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
That is it! Just serve with a side salad and you have a complete meal! SO DELICIOUS! The quinoa has more protein, fiber, and vitamins than rice or pasta. It is a great addition if you are looking for a healthy crockpot meal!
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a 5 qt crockpot or larger mix quinoa, veggies, marinara sauce, and chicken broth.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through and quinoa has absorbed the liquid top the chicken with the mozzarella cheese. Cover again with heat on to melt the cheese (about 10 minutes)
- Serve with a side salad.
Dairy FreeUse a dairy free cheese like Daiya Brand Mozzarella shreds.
If you are looking for more great quinoa recipes try this delicious Crockpot Enchilada Quinoa Recipe!