Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe
This Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and the perfect dinner option for a busy but chilly night of the week. Serve with warm crusty bread! YUM!
When the weather just starts to get a bit of a chill to it and you are busy with your family this Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe comes to the rescue! I love tossing in all of the ingredients into my crockpot first thing in the morning and coming home to a crockpot full of pure magic!
Don’t expect any leftovers because this Crockpot Beef Stew is just that good! This has been my go-to recipe for years. I love it because it is all WHOLE ingredients. You can tailor this recipe to fit your families likes and needs too! Very easy to make gluten free, etc. All you need to make a delicious dinner is a side salad and a loaf of warm crusty bread.
Crockpot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes diced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- Toss beef cubes with flour, salt, and pepper. and place in crockpot.
- Dump in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use a gluten free flour and a gluten-free broth.
I made your beef stew recipe today and it was fantastic. It was easy to make and tasted great. The last beef stew recipe I tried had 16 ingredients and took two hours to prep only to sit in the fridge because no one would eat it. Thankfully this one will not go to waste.
My wife and I have made this twice now and keep coming back for more, we will continue to make this dish without changing anything. It is truly the best stew we have ever made and I am without a doubt a huge stew fan on cold sunday afternoons. LOVE this recipe!!!
What size pot do you use ?
I personally use a 6 qt crockpot for this one.