This Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and the perfect dinner option for a busy but chilly night of the week. Serve with warm crusty bread! YUM!
When the weather just starts to get a bit of a chill to it and you are busy with your family this Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe comes to the rescue! I love tossing in all of the ingredients into my crockpot first thing in the morning and coming home to a crockpot full of pure magic!
Don't expect any leftovers because this Crockpot Beef Stew is just that good! This has been my go-to recipe for years. I love it because it is all WHOLE ingredients. You can tailor this recipe to fit your families likes and needs too! Very easy to make gluten free, etc. All you need to make a delicious dinner is a side salad and a loaf of warm crusty bread.
Crockpot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes (diced)
- 4 carrots (sliced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- Toss beef cubes with flour, salt, and pepper. and place in crockpot.
- Dump in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use a gluten free flour and a gluten-free broth.