I love DIY recipes, and I currently have an abundance of tomatoes coming from my garden. Now is the perfect time to make your own pasta sauce in the slow cooker!
- 5-6 Large Fresh diced tomatoes or 1 - 28 ounce can whole Italian-style tomatoes (cut up and undrained)
- 2 large carrots (coarsely chopped (2 cups))
- 3 stalks celery (sliced (1 1/2 cups))
- 1 large onion (chopped (1 cup))
- 1 large green sweet pepper (chopped (1 cup))
- 1 - 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces dried pasta (cooked and drained)
- For sauce, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, sweet pepper, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf; discard. Toss sauce with hot pasta, or store in air tight containers in the fridge or freezer when cooled.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.