This sounds like something new and interesting. This one was new to me until I tried it and the family loved it! I am sure yours will too! This was very easy to throw together. Great for a soccer night, or just when you don't feel like heating up the whole kitchen. I put some rice in the rice cooker to serve with it and dinner was done in no time!
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds, cut up)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (29 ounces sliced peaches)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Toasted flaked coconut (optional)
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set peaches aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, butter, onion, curry, garlic, ginger and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Add raisins. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Stir in peaches; heat through. Serve with chicken. Garnish with coconut if desired.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.