This post may contain affiliate links.
I love simple yet delicious desserts. This one takes the cake. Serve it with some fresh vanilla ice cream and you are set to impress!
Slow Cooked Gingered PearsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 medium Bartlett or D'Anjou pears
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, brown sugar, pecans and lemon peel. Using a melon baller or long-handled spoon, core pears to within 1/4-in. of bottom. Spoon ginger mixture into the center of each.
- Place pears upright in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top each with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pears are tender. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.