This post may contain affiliate links.
I love simple yet delicious desserts. This one takes the cake. Serve it with some fresh vanilla ice cream and you are set to impress!
Slow Cooked Gingered PearsPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 medium Bartlett or D'Anjou pears
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, brown sugar, pecans and lemon peel. Using a melon baller or long-handled spoon, core pears to within 1/4-in. of bottom. Spoon ginger mixture into the center of each.
- Place pears upright in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top each with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pears are tender. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.