Kids love cheese. That is a fact. I think most adults love cheese too. Cheese just makes everything taste better....even vegetables. If you have picky eaters try this Crock Pot Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin Recipe to get those veggies in. This makes a great summer lunch or dinner side dish.
- 4 cups broccoli florets (from 2 small heads)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese (coarsely shredded (2 cups))
- 1 cup coarse plain dry bread crumbs (or crushed rice chex for gluten free)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grease your 4 qt crock pot.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook just until fragrant. Off the heat, add the broccoli and cauliflower and toss. Toss half of the cheese with the vegetables. Transfer to the crock pot and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, toss the crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cheese.
- Cook on high for 1 hour or low for 2 hours.Gluten Free
- Be sure to use crushed Rice chex instead of bread crumbs or other gluten free bread crumb
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.