This post may contain affiliate links.
Many of us are watching our waistlines since swimsuit season is just around the corner. This great recipe is just 5 weight watchers points, and full of healthy flavorful ingredients!
Greek Chicken Stew (Crockpot) - Weight Watchers 5 Points
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 4-6 thighs)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped
- 1 fennel bulb sliced
- 1 -10 oz can artichoke hearts drained or frozen
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives not in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set at medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5-8 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Arrange cauliflower, fennel, onion, olives around the chicken. Then cover with garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper.
Pour in broth and tomatoes.
Cover and cook about 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Stir in yogurt and artichokes and cook for about another 15- 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers: Serving size is 1 – 1 ½ thighs, and about 1 1/4 cup of sauce -Each serving = 5 Points + Gluten Free: This recipe is gluten free depending on brand of chicken broth and seasonings. Please check labels to ensure that it is gluten free!