Oh these just are calling my name right now! Could be that it is lunch time and I am starving. 🙂 These could come out at your favorite Sports Bar & Grill restaurant and you would have no clue they were made in a crockpot!
Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
Here is a classic Pub recipe. It makes a lot, but who doesn't love leftovers?
- 1 (4 to 5-lb.) beef rump roast
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 (10 1/2-oz.) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 buns, split
- Cheese (optional)
- Place beef roast in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Pour over roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with knife or shred with 2 forks; place in buns. Add cheese if desired. Optional: you can skim fat from juices in slow cooker. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juices for dipping.