Oh these just are calling my name right now! Could be that it is lunch time and I am starving. 🙂 These could come out at your favorite Sports Bar & Grill restaurant and you would have no clue they were made in a crockpot!
Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
- 1 4 to 5-lb. beef rump roast
- 1 1-oz. pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 10 1/2-oz. cans condensed beef broth
- 1 12-oz. can beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 16 buns (split)
- Cheese (optional)
- Place beef roast in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Pour over roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with knife or shred with 2 forks; place in buns. Add cheese if desired. Optional: you can skim fat from juices in slow cooker. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juices for dipping.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.