This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for the perfect sweet treat for over ice cream. Check out this simple and delightful Crock Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe. YUM
Crock Pot Strawberry Rhubarb SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 6 Cups sliced fresh or frozen Rhubarb thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pint fresh strawberries halved
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, juice, cinnamon, orange peel, and ginger in a 3 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Stir in strawberries cover and cook additional 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard Cinnamon sticks.
- Serve over ice cream, pound cake, waffles, or more
- Store unused syrup in the fridge for up to a week.