Looking for the perfect sweet treat for over ice cream. Check out this simple and delightful Crock Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe. YUM
Crock Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- 6 Cups sliced fresh or frozen Rhubarb thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pint fresh strawberries halved
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, juice, cinnamon, orange peel, and ginger in a 3 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Stir in strawberries cover and cook additional 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard Cinnamon sticks.
- Serve over ice cream, pound cake, waffles, or more
- Store unused syrup in the fridge for up to a week.