Here is a great Tomatillo Chicken Soup Recipe that sounds to die for!
Tomatillo Chicken Soup
Yield 4 -6
- 6 medium tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 1-1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 -32-oz. box chicken broth
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Dairy sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped red sweet pepper, sliced jalapeño peppers, snipped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla chips (optional)
- Chop three tomatillos. Place remaining tomatillos in blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine pureed and chopped tomatillos, chicken, broth, sweet pepper, onion, celery, chiles, cilantro, jalapeño, cumin, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, and 1 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken; let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred chicken; return to soup.
- If desired, top with sour cream, additional chopped red sweet pepper or jalapeño peppers, snipped cilantro, and/or tortilla chips.