So I picked up my order from Zaycon Foods this week and I have a freezer FULL of chicken. Think I am joking?
Yep, I am not. LOL I bought 80 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Not only was it affordable, but it is the best chicken my family has ever eaten. I made some Homemade Chicken Nuggets, then bagged the rest. I did some bags with just whole breasts, and I diced the rest and put 1.5lbs per bag. That is enough for 6 servings, and perfect for crock pot meals like this one.
This is a perfect freezer meal because you can toss the chicken into the crock pot frozen. That is what I did. Then I just put the seasonings right in on top of it and let the crock pot do the rest. I also made my own ranch dressing mix instead of using the packets. I love making my own and it just tastes better.
I came back and shredded it, and this is what I ended up with. A crock pot full of some of the most flavorful moist chicken. I actually made a double batch, that way we have extras for lunches throughout the week. You can serve on a salad, with rice, on tortillas, you name it! DELICIOUS!
Crock Pot Cafe Rio Chicken
Yield 6 -8
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 oz. zesty Italian dressing
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix or Homemade ranch (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- Dump everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or until cooked through and easy to shred.