I stocked up on chicken this week. I made some Homemade Chicken Nuggets, then bagged the rest. I did some bags with just whole breasts, and I diced the rest and put 1.5lbs per bag. That is enough for 6 servings and perfect for crockpot meals like this one.
This is a perfect freezer meal because you can toss the chicken into the crockpot frozen. That is what I did. Then I just put the seasonings right in on top of it and let the crock pot do the rest. I also made my own ranch dressing mix instead of using the packets. I love making my own and it just tastes better.
I came back and shredded it, and this is what I ended up with. A crockpot full of some of the most flavorful moist chicken. I actually made a double batch, that way we have extras for lunches throughout the week. You can serve on a salad, with rice, on tortillas, you name it! DELICIOUS!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 oz. zesty Italian dressing
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix or Homemade ranch (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- Dump everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or until cooked through and easy to shred.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.