Celebrate St Patricks Day traditionally with this Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe. It is so simple and effortless you will eat it year round....not just in March. The corned beef comes out tender and simply amazing. I love that all of the sides are cooked with the beef saving you from cleaning multiple dishes!
Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes quartered
- 1 onion peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 4 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer or gluten free beer
- 1/2 head cabbage coarsely chopped
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.Gluten Free
- Make sure you are using a gluten free beer and that the spice packet is gluten free.