This post may contain affiliate links.
Spring is here and I am ready to add a little spice and zing to my dinner rotation. Time to mix things up a bit. This Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken adds fresh flavors to simple ingredients. This is a great meal if you are trying to eat healthier for swimsuit season too! You have to give this new chicken recipe a whirl!
Crockpot Moroccan Chicken
This Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken Recipe adds fresh flavors to simple ingredients. This is a great meal if you are trying to eat healthier for swimsuit season too!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion about 1 medium
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 13.1-ounce jar green Greek olives, drained and pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- Lemon Slices optional
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook a few minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan and place in crock pot.
Add all of the other ingredients (except for the couscous) to the crock pot. Top with lemon slices (optional) Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or Low for 6 hours.
Serve over couscous.Gluten Free
Use gluten free chicken broth and a gluten free couscous. If you can't find a gluten free couscous you can use a plain brown rice.