Spring is here and I am ready to add a little spice and zing to my dinner rotation. Time to mix things up a bit. This Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken adds fresh flavors to simple ingredients. This is a great meal if you are trying to eat healthier for swimsuit season too! You have to give this new chicken recipe a whirl!
Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13.1-ounce) jar green Greek olives, drained and pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- Lemon Slices (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook a few minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan and place in crock pot.
- Add all of the other ingredients (except for the couscous) to the crock pot. Top with lemon slices (optional) Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- Serve over couscous.
- Use gluten free chicken broth and a gluten free couscous. If you can't find a gluten free couscous you can use a plain brown rice.