Crockpot Carrot Cake
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnutsIcing
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese (1 pound), at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Grease and flour one 9 inch cake pan that will fit into your crock pot. Or a loaf pan would work as well.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts. Pour evenly into the prepared pan and place pan inside your crock pot.
- Cover the top of the crock-pot with 4 paper towels or a thin kitchen towel, making sure the towel is not touching the cake in the crock-pot.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake pan from crock-pot and let cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake out of the pan on the cooling rack and let cook completely before icing.Icing
- Place the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until light, fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle with a rubber spatula. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Turn the mixer to low and mix until the sugar is incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and mix until the frosting is creamy and fluffy.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.