This post may contain affiliate links.
I am loving my crock pot for making delicious sides lately. It is a great way to dress up chicken breasts. I love to use low fat salad dressing as a chicken breast marinade and then this fancy Pesto Rice and Beans on the side makes it the perfect meal!
Pesto Rice & BeansPrint Pin Rate
- 1 can 15 oz Great Northern Beans (rinsed & Drained)
- 1 can 14 oz Vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans thawed and drained
- 1/2 prepared pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Combine beans, broth, & rice in crock-pot. Cover cook on low 2 hours.
- Stir in green beans. Cover cook 1 hour or until rice and beans ar tender.
- Turn off Slow cooker and stir in pesto and Parmesan cheese. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.