I am so hungry right now typing this post. This meal is right up my alley. I love picadillo and this sweet and spicy version in the crockpot is just fabulous! I have even made a double batch and used it as burrito filling later in the week or have frozen it for another meal. I love cooking double batches for meals later!
Sweet & Spicy Pork Picadillo
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless pork country style ribs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can 14 oz diced tomatoes undrained
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce chopped optional
- 1/2 cup raisins chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skilled over medium low heat until hot. Cook and Stir onion and garlic until translucent about 4 minutes.
- Add pork to skillet an brown. Transfer to crockpot
- Combine Tomatoes with juice, vinegar, chipotles, raisins, cumin & cinnamon in medium bowl. Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours or high 3 hours. or until pork is fork tender.
- Shred pork using 2 forks. Cook 30 minutes longer. Adjust seasonings before serving with rice.