This post may contain affiliate links.
I am always looking for new and easy side dishes that even the kids will eat. This just looks, sounds and tastes stinking wonderful! You can even dice some cooked chicken breasts throw it in and make it a meal! Love that!
Arroz Con Queso
- 1 can 16oz Whole Tomatoes crushed
- 1 can 15 oz Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 can 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 tsps minced garlic
- 2 cups Grated Monterrey Jack Cheese divided or Cheddar Cheese
Combine tomatoes, beans, rice, onion, cottage cheese, chilies, oil, garlic, and 2 cup chees in slow cooker, mix thoroughly.
Cover and cook on low 6-9 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.
Mix in 1 cups cooked diced chicken breast to make this side dish an easy meal for 4!