I love lasagna but I hate waiting for it in the oven. So I popped it in the crockpot instead! This Crockpot Lasagna Recipe turns out perfect every time I make it. Serve with a salad and some garlic bread and you have a delicious meal!
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion (chopped (1/2 cup))
- 3 cans (15 ounces each Italian-style tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.