I can't remember the last time I had a bowl of homemade potato soup. This is one of those delicious cure all soups that I love to make! Filling and delicious!
Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 10.5 ounce cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large potatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk
- Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
- Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.