Crock Pot Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Yes…you read right. CARAMEL APPLE PORK CHOPS! Sounds too good to be true, huh?! These babies are as delicious as they sound!
They are a perfect fall, fill you up meal! They are so good the kids love them, but they are fancy enough you could serve them for a dinner party! A win win in my book. Not to mention they are easy to make!
Caramel Apple Pork ChopsPrint Recipe
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or dairy free margarine
- 2 Cups Sliced and peeled tart apples like Granny Smith
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Pecans
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chop with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side just to brown the pork chop.
- Place pork chops in crockpot.
- In the same skillet add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined.
- Add apples to the skillet and just stir to coat.
- Dump apple mixture over pork chops cover.
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or low for 6 -7 hours.
- You may wish to add more sauce. If so, you can make it with more brown sugar and butter in the skillet.
- Serve with sauce and top with chopped pecans if desiredDairy Free
- Make sure you use dairy free margarine in place of the butter.
Servings: 4 -6
Can this recipe REALLY call for ONE cup of butter??? That is TWO WHOLE STICKS OF BUTTER!!! That’s disgusting!
Is this Paula Deen???
Actually there was a problem with my recipe plugin and it removed the 1/4 from in front of the ingredients. But thanks for the positive comment 🙂
Hi there, I just found your site. I don’t eat pork, but this looks very interesting, so I shared your site w/ a friend. I am enjoying your site!
Thank you! We tried this yesterday and the family enjoyed dinner very much. It was delicious, and perfect for a nice Fall dinner. Now, we are anxiously waiting for the heat to leave and the Fall weather to join us so we can enjoy your meal again!!!
I know there was a snafu about the butter measurement but how rude was kjb to say the recipe was disgusting. I think you can’t have too much butter and besides, Paula Deen is terrific. What she does with food including butter is wonderful. I can’t wait to try this recipe and I’m using lots and lots of butter!
How Can this recipe be dairy free if it has butter is DAIRY Did some one for get what DAIRY IS ……
Angeline, They recipe clearly states to use dairy free margarine in place of the butter for dairy free.
I wish people would read correctly before you post a comment and kjb…that comment was really rude. I understand you might find excessive butter not your liking but there’s no spence in slamming the cook. Just don’t make this recepi if it sounds too much. And Trisha…great name and I totally agree, butter is a wonderful ingredient and Paula Deen is wonderful. Remember…this is America and we have the right to like butter! Well you know what I mean!
Made this tonight, and it was AMAZING!! I went heavy on the apples and added a little bit of cornstarch water to the juices at the end…so delicious! Will be a “go to” in our home! Thanks for the reciepe!
Made this for my son and WOW! So many compliments. Absolutely will make this time and time again. To the rude lady; if you don’t have anything nice to say keep your comments to yourself.
I haven’t made this recipe yet but it sounds so DELICIOUS 😋😋😋 I like trying new Crock-Pot recipes so I’m definitely going to try this I might have some sweet potatoes to it🥔 my family is tired of my experiment with food 😂😂😂😂