They are a perfect fall, fill you up meal! They are so good the kids love them, but they are fancy enough you could serve them for a dinner party! A win win in my book. Not to mention they are easy to make!
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter or dairy free margarine
- 2 Cups Sliced and peeled tart apples like Granny Smith
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chop with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side just to brown the pork chop.
- Place pork chops in crockpot.
- In the same skillet add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined.
- Add apples to the skillet and just stir to coat.
- Dump apple mixture over pork chops cover.
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or low for 6 -7 hours.
- You may wish to add more sauce. If so, you can make it with more brown sugar and butter in the skillet.
- Serve with sauce and top with chopped pecans if desiredDairy Free
- Make sure you use dairy free margarine in place of the butter.