Tijuana Pie in a Crock
I am loving all of these reader submitted recipes. Remember you can submit your recipes too! This one comes from Cindy Stetson and is sure to be a winner at my house. We all love Mexican food and this sounds not only filling but delicious!
Tijuana Pie in a CrockPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt I omit salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cheddar cheese grated
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 2 16-ounce cans chili seasoned beans
- 1 16 ounce can corn, drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- Brown beef, onion & garlic in skillet. Pour off excess fat and season with your salt & pepper. In a large bowl mix all ingredients (it makes it alot easier and less time consuming) Reserve a small amount of cheese to top last layer.
- Wipe the inside of crock pot with oil (or spray with spray pam) Place a tortilla in the bottom of the pot and spoon some of the mixture onto tortilla.
- ( I use a ladle, as it is less messy) Continue with layers finishing with reserved cheese on top.
- Cover and cook at low for 5-7 hours. Can be served with additional warmed tortillas.
variations: Add chorizo sausage, canned green chili peppers or substitute stuffed green olives for black ones. Make with cooked chicken or turkey instead of beef.
this looks so yummy definatly going to make this