I am loving all of these reader submitted recipes. Remember you can submit your recipes too! This one comes from Cindy Stetson and is sure to be a winner at my house. We all love Mexican food and this sounds not only filling but delicious!
Tijuana Pie in a Crock
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (I omit salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chili seasoned beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- Brown beef, onion & garlic in skillet. Pour off excess fat and season with your salt & pepper. In a large bowl mix all ingredients (it makes it alot easier and less time consuming) Reserve a small amount of cheese to top last layer.
- Wipe the inside of crock pot with oil (or spray with spray pam) Place a tortilla in the bottom of the pot and spoon some of the mixture onto tortilla.
- ( I use a ladle, as it is less messy) Continue with layers finishing with reserved cheese on top.
- Cover and cook at low for 5-7 hours. Can be served with additional warmed tortillas.
variations: Add chorizo sausage, canned green chili peppers or substitute stuffed green olives for black ones. Make with cooked chicken or turkey instead of beef.