Looking for an all in one crockpot meal that your family will love? Check out this delicious and simple to make Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes Recipe!
Some people only think of crockpots as something you pull out in the Fall when schools start and life gets busy. I am a year-round crock-potter myself. During the Summer it helps keep the kitchen cool and takes me out of the kitchen and back having fun with my family. Last night we enjoyed this delicious Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes and I had to share it with you ASAP.
I have seen other versions of this where you brown the chicken first. I get that crockpot chicken doesn't look super appetizing sometimes. I chose to use chicken breasts and dusted them with some paprika. This not only added flavor but the color it needed without me dirtying and extra dish.
Your crockpot can also be an excellent multi-tasker, so I tossed in some ears of corn right on top of everything. I just bought this 7-quart crockpot and I am in love with all of the room inside of it. It steams perfectly while the chicken and potatoes cook. The corn is also amazing with the parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. You don't have to add corn, but if you have room; do it!
This dish was a huge hit, even with my picky eaters. A super option for those busy days no matter what time of year it is. Simply delicious!
Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes
- 2 lb chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 lb potatoes quartered
- 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary dried
- fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan freshly grate *plus more for serving
- 4 ears of corn optional
- Place potatoes and garlic cloves in a 5 quart or larger crockpot. Drizzle them with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and stir them until coated.
- Place chicken on top of potatoes. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle seasonings onto the chicken (paprika, rosemary, garlic salt, and pepper)
- If desired you can add a few ears of corn into your crockpot if you have room on top of your chicken. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Before serving sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley (cilantro is good too!) and some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- I have made this with many kinds of chicken. You can use bone in or bone out; thighs, breasts, quarters. It turns out yummy any way.