Need a Crockpot Chicken Recipe that will turn out phenomenal? This Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe is superb! Added bonus is it Keto and Gluten Free Friendly!
Crockpot dinners can make it difficult to please everyone sometimes. While the food tastes amazing it doesn't always look as delicious as it is, and we eat with our eyes too. This Crockpot Creamy Tuscan Chicken checks-off all the boxes with ease, flavor, and appearance. This recipe is a keeper!
Keto Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
Let's get this out of the way first. This recipe as it is written is Keto/low carb friendly. You can even switch out the jar of Alfredo sauce for a homemade Alfredo (see below) that would be even more Keto friendly. Obviously if you are eating Keto you would skip the linguine and go for a bed of spinach or some cauliflower rice to serve this with. It is also good all by itself. Trust me...taste tested.
Keto Alfredo Sauce
In place of the jar of sauce in the recipe use
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
No need to pre-cook just mix together and pour in as you would have before. It will cook down in the crockpot.
Slow Cook on Low or High?
The age old question. Do I slow cook this on low or high? I need this too cook for this many hours, or I only have so much time.
I haven't met many chicken recipes that weren't better on high. Something about the texture of the chicken when it is done more resembles traditional cooking methods. Now, if you love your chicken fall apart tender and you have time to kill, low is still going to be delicious. If you are asking which is going to produce the best results then my opinion is high.
Chicken Breasts or Thighs?
Ok, last major question when it comes to this recipe. Should you use chicken breasts or chicken thighs? As long as they are boneless you could use either. They are both great in this recipe and totally up to personal preference. I used thighs this time, but I have made this in the past using chicken breasts and it is just as amazing!
You could even go crazy and use frozen chicken. Just add about 30 minutes of cook time to ensure doneness.
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless (or thighs)
- 15 oz Alfredo Sauce with Garlic More if desired
- 7 oz Sun Dried Tomato Strips drained
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- In a 5 quart or larger crockpot place the chicken in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, and the parmesan cheese.
- Top with the jar of Alfredo sauce (see notes for homemade version). If you prefer extra sauce you can add 2 jars.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 -4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Open the crockpot and sprinkle in spinach and stir. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Serve with pasta, rice, or on a bed of spinach.
Homemade AlfredoReplace the jared sauce with
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp mince garlic
Crockpot Chicken Recipes