Looking for a fancy dinner but don’t have time to prep? Skip take-out and make this fantastic Crockpot Chicken Marsala Recipe
I love being able to put dinner in the Crockpot and just walking away to spend time with my family. Especially during these summer months. This light and amazing Crockpot Chicken Marsala makes an amazing family supper. So good, you could even make it for a dinner party or date night! The chicken is full of flavor and extremely tender after being in the crockpot for hours. This is a must-try!
What Size Crockpot?
To get the best results in this recipe use a 5 quart or larger crockpot. This will allow the chicken plenty of room to cook thoroughly.
What to Serve With It?
Serve the chicken with some delicious crockpot mashed potatoes. They are a perfect side dish to go with this Chicken Marsala. Trying to keep it light? Try these Garlic Cauliflower Mash (Fake Mashed Potatoes)
Crockpot Chicken Marsala
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Flour (or Gluten Free flour mix)
- 3 Tbsp Olive oIl
- 2 oz prosciutto (or bacon)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup dry marsala wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place flour in shallow bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Working in batches so you don't over crowd the pan.Transfer to crock pot once browned.
- In the same skillet place another 1 tbsp of olive oil and the prosciutto until it becomes crisp. Remove prosciutto onto paper towels.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until they begin to brown. Once brown stir in wine and broth, scraping up the browned bits of prosciutto stuck to the pan.
- Pour the mushroom and wine sauce over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours
- Top with the cooked crumbled prosciutto and chopped parsley.
- Use a gluten free flour and gluten free chicken broth
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.