Many of us may be Moms with Crock Pots, but we cook for men with appetites. With March Madness Basketball Games in full swing, I was looking for a great snack recipe and I found this one over at Dining At My Desk. It sounds fabulous!
Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage & Beer Cheese Dip
Yield 6 cups
- 1 (16oz.) roll Hot Sausage (any variety), crumbled
- 1 small green pepper; seeds removed & finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1(12oz.) can beer
- 6 cups [or 3 (8oz.) packages] shredded cheese (such as Monterrey Jack)
- 1 (8oz.) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet cook sausage, green pepper, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes or until meat is cooked through and vegetables start to soften. Drain any excess fat, then pour sausage and vegetables into bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beer, shredded cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste to slow cooker on top of sausage and vegetables. Stir everything to combine.
- Cook dip on low for about 2 hours or until heated through and cheese has melted. Stir well. Remove cover and keep on low to serve warm.
You can cook the dip longer than 2 hours, but if it may thin out a little due to the condensation dripping from the top of your slow cooker. You can also substitute other vegetables for the onion and/or pepper or omit one. Other peppers such as jalapenos would also be a good addition.