Fancy enough to be served at a fine restaurant this Crockpot Mushroom Risotto is simple and easy to make. An amazing side dish for any night of the week.
During the Spring and Summer we do a lot of grilling. Heck, we really do a lot of grilling year round since we are in Florida. On the nights that I don't have dinner in the Crock Pot there is a pretty good chance it is on the grill. That means I am just in charge of side dishes, which is totally doable.
This Crockpot Mushroom Risotto is one of my new favorites to pair with just about anything. It is full of flavor and richness without being too heavy.
How to Make Crockpot Mushroom Risotto
In a saucepan, or in your crockpot if you have one of the ones that is multi-purpose like the Ninja, saute your onions, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil.
Once sautéed add the veggies to your crockpot along with the other ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours and 45 minutes or high for a little over and hour. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Unlike many risottos this does not call for cream, making this recipe dairy free when you omit the cheese. Give this one a try. You won't regret it!
Store this in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat and enjoy!
Crockpot Mushroom Risotto
- 4 Qt Crockpot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced, about 8 oz
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cups Arborio rice uncooked
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- parmesan cheese shreds or Asiago, optional
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat . Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice an cook an additional minute.
- Dump the rice mixture to a 4-quart crockpot. Stir in broth, wine, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting about 2 hours and 45 minutes or on high-heat setting about 1 hour 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- If desired, top with cheese and/or parsley. Serve immediately
- Omit the cheese
- Use a gluten free chicken broth