I found this great recipe over at SkinnyTaste.com and it is a winner! We will be making this on again. Not only did everyone like it, but it is only 4 Weight Watchers points! 🙂
Slow Cooked Santa Fe Chicken
- 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning.
- Serve over rice (extra pts).