This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer is here and my garden is growing! I have a ton of squash and zucchini, and the perfect crockpot recipe to use them in. This makes the perfect summer side dish or you can turn it into a quick meal! This Crockpot Zucchini Squash Casserole is a keeper!
Crockpot Zucchini Squash Casserole
Crockpot Zucchini & Squash Casserole
- 4.5 cups sliced yellow summer squash about 3 medium
- 4.5 cups sliced Zucchini about 3 medium
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups French bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 4 oz
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted
- Chopped green onion if desired
Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave squash & zucchini, onion and 1 tablespoon butter uncovered on High 10 minutes or until squash, zucchini, and onion are tender. Drain well.
In slow cooker, mix squash mixture, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the sour cream, garlic salt, pepper and soup. In small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over squash.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours. Uncover; remove insert from slow cooker. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Need more great Zucchini Recipes?
Check out these Cheesy Zucchini Cakes from A Few Short Cuts
And these Zucchini Pizza Bites