Make an entire meal right in your slow cooker! This yummy Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, & Green Beans Recipe is healthy and delicious!
There are a couple things that really help when it comes to dinner at my house. Number one is having all of the courses covered; basically main dish and sides. The second thing is I would like it to be healthy, but still taste good. Finally, the third thing, which you should have guessed, is being able to cook it in the crockpot! Thank goodness that this Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, & Green Beans checks all of those boxes!
This recipe is so simple, I think that is why I love it so much. This Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, & Green Beans can even be made as a Crockpot Freezer Meal. I am really starting to do more of those and I am grateful that I can prepare this ahead and pop it in the freezer.
*Mom Tip* If you are going to make a crockpot freezer meal get enough ingredients to make more than 1 of the same recipe. You are already doing the chopping and the work. A small amount of extra effort means another meal is ready to go!
You can mix the chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans together and then pour the sauce over the top, or you can do like I did and layer it. I like my sweet potatoes and green beans steamed. So I put the chicken in first, poured the sauce over it, then placed in the potatoes, and finally the green beans. The results are a full meal cooked to perfection. Serve this with a side salad and you are good to go!
This meal is perfect if you are on the Whole 30 or 21 Day Fix plans.
Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, & Green Beans
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used 2 lbs)
- 1 pound fresh sweet potatoes cut up into large chunks
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a 5 quart or larger crockpot place chicken. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil and seasonings. Pour over the chicken. Top the chicken with the diced sweet potatoes, and finally the fresh green beans.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top of everything, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with a side salad if desired.Freezer Meal
- You can place all of the ingredients into a gallon Ziploc bag and turn this into a simple freezer meal. You can mix everything together or place the potatoes and green beans in small sandwich bags to keep separate before putting them in the gallon ziplock. Totally up to you.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.